Beginning a journaling practice can support you in many ways this new year. Journaling helps to connect us with ourselves, process our emotions in a healthy way, and allows us to view our life circumstances from a different perspective. A consistent journaling practice may be able to help you relieve feelings of anxiety and stress, while also teaching you healthy ways to self soothe and cope. This new year, be brave enough to add journaling to your self care toolbox as a way to get connected, find clarity, and cultivate peace.
If you are considering creating a consistent journal practice this year, check out the “New Year Journal Prompts” below to get started!
- What are you most proud of from the last year?
- What were some of your biggest challenges in 2022? Write about how you overcame them, and the strengths that you gained from these experiences.
- How have you changed over the last year?
- What have you learned about yourself during the last year?
- What are you ready to release from 2022?
- Write about what you would like to bring into your life for the year 2023
- What are you grateful for so far this year?
- What are the self care practices you are taking into 2023 with you?
- How can you focus on prioritizing your mental, physical, and spiritual wellness in 2023?
- How can you cultivate more self love, and self compassion this year?
As you practice journaling these prompts, give yourself the gift of freedom and write what feels true to your heart and soul. Remember, with journaling there is never a right or wrong. Write from your soul, release your inhibitions, and prepare to discover yourself anew!