For those of you who are unfamiliar with daily affirmations, they are simply positive reminders that help you to maintain your focus and confidence in your everyday life. When you think negatively and say common phrases such as, "I’ll never be good enough,” or “I can’t do that,” it can be detrimental to your self-esteem, life outlook and your ability to get through the harder situations. Daily affirmations help to keep your mindset positive and remind you that you ARE capable and good enough to achieve anything that you want to. Promoting positive thinking with those quick phrases that boost confidence will prove to be beneficial to your overall mental health.
When coming up with phrases to aid you in your journey to confidence and positivity, you can choose simple phrases such as “I am brave,” “I am strong,” and things of the like to get you into a routine. Over time, it will become much easier to pinpoint different areas you need to work on. Maybe you are looking to quit a bad habit or trying to achieve a specific goal at work- using custom phrases to help you to get through your situation or overcome an obstacle will work wonderfully for you.
Whichever phrase you choose, one thing is certain- you are going to be on your way to positivity and feeling good about your daily routine. Here are some of the many benefits to practicing daily positive affirmations:
- Reduce Stress- This one is key. Practicing positivity comes much easier when there is less stress involved. Not only that, but with less stress comes great resilience in dealing with everyday issues that might come up.
- Alleviate Anxiety & Depression- If you struggle with negativity and feeling anxious, reminding yourself each day that you’re going to get through this using a phrase of your choice, is going to help you believe in yourself. With greater self-esteem comes newfound confidence that won’t bring you down in an anxiety driven situation.
- Control Negative Feelings- We are all human and naturally feel down from time to time. In a situation where you are feeling down or defeated, you can learn to control those thoughts by using daily affirmation phrases to lift you back up again.
- Break Bad Habits- As mentioned above, if you are determined to break a habit, using a custom phrase to tell you what you need or don’t need is sometimes all the mind needs to remind you that you can overcome this obstacle.
- Raise Self Esteem- With practice comes higher self-esteem. Over time, your mindset will shift to positivity, and you will feel good about yourself. With no negative thoughts and daily reminders that you are enough, you will finally have that boost of confidence you’ve been seeking.
- Improve Focus- By adding in these positive daily affirmations, you are creating a routine and a mindset that makes it easy to focus and concentrate on your daily tasks. You have become a disciplined person that depends on routine and with that discipline, you are going to have incredible focus and concentration in all areas of your life.
- Deepen Your Meditation- For those of you who meditate, using daily affirmations is a common practice in the meditation realm. If you have mastered those phrases of positivity, meditation is going to become a much simpler task and you will be able to achieve a yoga mantra with ease.
- Make Advancements in Your Life- Similar to breaking a bad habit, you can also use these phrases to further you in your career or education. Sometimes all you need is that daily reminder that you are perfectly capable. Practicing statements of positivity can help you get to where you want to be in life, plain and simple.
These are just a few of the ways that daily affirmations can benefit you in your daily life. Once you start, you will find it easier to come up with more phrases that are more personalized and tailored to the types of obstacles you wish to overcome. From newfound self-esteem to promoting positivity, you can’t go wrong with trying out daily positive affirmations.