Anxiety and overwhelm are challenging emotions that can cause us to feel lost, confused, and stuck. In the face of these feelings, it is so important for us to find supportive tools to help us compassionately move through these experiences in order to restore our mental balance and wellness. In moments like this, shifting your mindset and holding space for your authentic feelings can help you to gain the strength, calm, and clarity needed to successfully move through these moments. Some of my favorite ways to do this is with affirmations and journal prompts.
Read on to explore my favorite supportive affirmations for anxiety and overwhelm, as well as a few journal prompts designed to help you move through these challenges with grace and strength:
Affirmations for Anxiety and Overwhelm:
WITH EACH BREATH I TAKE, I BECOME CALMER
I AM ALWAYS SAFE, CONNECTED, AND SUPPORTED
I DRAW ON THE SUPPORT THAT SURROUNDS ME, IN WHATEVER FORM
I RELEASE THE NEED FOR PERFECTION
I HAVE THE INNER STRENGTH NEEDED TO OVERCOME ANYTHING
I PRACTICE BEING CALM AND CENTERED WITHIN, REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION WITHOUT
THE RIGHT DECISIONS ARE COMING TO ME EASILY NOW
I CAN COMMUNICATE MY NEEDS AND FEELINGS
I HAVE AN INFINITE RESOURCE OF PEACE WITHIN ME
I CAN REACH OUT AND ASK FOR HELP WHEN I NEED IT
MY WORLD IS TAKING CARE OF ME, THEREFORE I CAN MOVE FORWARD IN TRUST
I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED RIGHT NOW
IT IS SAFE FOR ME TO LET GO
I NOW RELEASE WORRY AND OVERWHELM AND STEP INTO TRUST, FLOW, AND PEACE
Journal Prompts for Anxiety and Overwhelm:
- Where in your body are you experiencing this feeling of overwhelm? Investigating further, is there an emotion (or many) behind this feeling of anxiety/ overwhelm? What is this core feeling(s) asking of you?
- Are my worries realistic?
- Based on my priorities, can I create a new plan of action that both honors my needs and boundaries, while supporting me in accomplishing what I need to most?
- What kind of self care do I need right now?
- What can I do right this second to assist me in feeling better?
I encourage you to practice working through these challenging feelings in order to overcome them using these affirmations, journal prompts, and any other form of self care that feels right for you! Check out our last blog post ‘self care for overwhelm’ if you need ideas for supportive ways to care for yourself in moments like this. Trust that your best is always enough and be patient with yourself. Go forth with love.