For many, winter can be a difficult time. The days become shorter, and the nights much longer. It can be hard to allow ourselves to fully surrender to the Winter season, but there are healthy ways that we can cope and care for ourselves along the way.
The seasons shift, and so must we.
Read on as I share my favorite supportive affirmations for dealing with seasonal sorrow so that you can find as much ease and peace as possible this Winter:
Seasonal Affective Disorder Affirmations:
Just like the Earth, I too have seasons
I allow myself to honor my natural cycles
I make time for self care each day
I release any feelings of guilt surrounding my needs to rest and slow down
I give myself permission to slow down, and listen to my body
This is temporary, and it is safe for me to feel at peace
I am not missing out on anything
I am right where I am mean to be
This too will pass
I allow myself to flow with the seasons
For more support during this time, try out these 5 simple, self care journal prompts to help you understand, and better care for your seasonal depression :
- How can I take better care of myself emotionally when I notice my depression taking over?
- Think of a moment when you felt deeply at peace. Write every detail you can think of. What do you smell, hear, see, taste, feel on your skin when you think of this moment?
- What steps can I take to ease my depression? What has worked for me in the past?
- What is something you are looking forward to?
- What is one way I can invite more joy or peace into my life today?
Take time to care for yourself and honor your needs this Winter. While the season may feel challenging, know that you have what it takes to cope in healthy and loving ways. You are worthy of finding light in dark places.